Cookies and Cream Brownies are so rich with chocolate and chopped up Oreo cookies, they should be served in small pieces to avoid passing out from extreme pleasure.
I made these for a carnival at our church and they are so yummy, I don’t want to lose the recipe. They weren’t my idea, so I’m not posting them in the normal way, but they will be listed in my recipe index so I can find them easily when I want them.
These originally crossed my radar on Pinterest. I found it here (Ingrid claims to have found the idea here) and fleshed out the details using my own quick and easy brownie recipe. The chocolate ganache comes from Dorie Greenspan’s book, Baking.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thanks so much! Paula
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso (optional)
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, plus a little extra
- 7 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I like Ghiradelli)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Blend eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla with a mixer (hand mixer works fine) about 1 minute until light.
- Add melted butter and keep beating.
- Sift flour and cocoa together and add to other ingredients at low speed just until the flour disappears. Stir in cookies.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Beat room-temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and heavy cream till consistency is spreadable. (This will likely require some additional cream.) Gently stir in cookie crumbles.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Chill.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until boiling. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Gently stir cream and chocolate together in circular motion until smooth.
- Add butter a small piece at a time and stir until smooth.
- Spread on top of iced brownies.
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
- Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil (95 Square Foot Roll)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 344 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 152mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 34g Protein: 3g