Divide this into smaller portions and freeze. Fabulous for burritos, salads and served over rice.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup chopped onions (I always used frozen onions)
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers (can sub pimientos)
- 1-14 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup jarred, pickled, jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup slivered almonds (I like them toasted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (optional, but good if you walk on the spicy side)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- Brown ground meat. Drain off fat.
- Add onions and red bell peppers. Continue to saute for a couple minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over meat mixture. Break up tomatoes with wooden spoon. (It’s not a sin to use diced tomatoes if you prefer.)
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 408 kcal
- Sugar: 16.6 g
- Fat: 24.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 23.9 g
Keywords: Easy supper recipes, taco filling, lunch