Southwestern seasoned corn mixed with melted white cheese make a spicy White Queso and Corn Dip to serve with corn or tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen southwestern seasoned corn or canned Mexicorn, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 16 ounces Hot Pepper pasteurized processed cheese food with jalapeno peppers or white American cheese +1-2 teaspoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add corn to skillet and saute until corn barely begins to brown. Stir in garlic and green chilies.
- Reduce heat to low. Cut cheese into small chunks and add to skillet. As cheese begins to melt, stir and add milk gradually till cheese is dipping consistency. You may not use all the milk immediately but save it to thin dip as needed. Whatever you do, don’t let this mixture boil or it will separate and be ruined!
- Add cilantro just before serving if desired.
Keywords: queso, cheese dip, queso recipes, american cheese, jalapeno, southwestern, white cheese