Making your own Strawberry Yogurt Salad Dressing at home is a tasty but healthy way to dress your salad.
1 cup fresh or frozen (unsweetened) strawberries
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos or lite soy sauce
10 drops liquid stevia (may sub your favorite sweetener or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sugar)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (half of a small lemon)
1/4 cup plain, unflavored, Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
1/4 cup water (may need to add more after dressing is chilled to make it pourable)
- Place berries and vinegar into a micro-wave safe bowl no smaller than 1 quart-size. Microwave for 4 minutes on HIGH (add a minute if berries are frozen). No stirring necessary.
- Remove berries from the microwave and add remaining ingredients.
- Use an immersion blender, food processor, or a regular blender to combine until smooth. Stir in water as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator. Stays fresh up to 2 weeks.
The coconut aminos will not give this dressing a coconut flavor. It’s a great soy-free substitute for soy sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 60.4
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g
- Fiber: .3 g
- Protein: .5 g
Keywords: strawberries, yogurt, salad dressings, vinaigrette