Camper’s Skillet Dinner is a one-skillet meal layered with vegetables, ground beef and bacon. It’s perfect for dinner when camping out.
For comfort food that’s easy and quick to prepare, try this layered skillet meal. I think this recipe came from Joan Hastings on one of our earliest camping trips. It is good prepared in a Dutch oven over a campfire, an electric skillet inside the the camper or these days, on top of our stove in my air-conditioned house.
A one-skillet meal layered with vegetables, ground beef and bacon. It’s perfect for dinner when camping out.
- Bacon (enough to cover the bottom of your skillet)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-4 medium potatoes (peeled or not), sliced
- 5-6 carrots, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Cover the bottom of your skillet with a layer of bacon
- Distribute ground beef over raw bacon.
- Layer potatoes on top of beef.
- Spread carrots over potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp.
You really must serve with catsup. 🙂
Keywords: one-pot recipes, camping recipes, ground beef, bacon, potatoes, carrots