Easy Almond Salmon for Two is quick-to-prepare for a weeknight, but fancy enough for company. Double and triple the recipe if feeding more than two.
Back when my children were young, I did the occasional grocery store demonstration for Landlock Seafood Company in Dallas. Their recipes still populate my personal cookbook. This suggests they were easy and good enough to convince people to impulse-buy their fish. Sold!
Thanks to Landlock Seafood, this has been our favorite way to eat salmon for years. In fact, this is the second time Almond Salmon has been featured on this blog. It was time for a redo with new pictures that would do justice to this simple fish recipe.
You only need one pan and three ingredients (not counting salt and pepper). Hence, another un-recipe. After you make it once, you probably won’t need to look at the recipe again.
Our favorite way to eat Easy Almond Salmon for Two is served alongside mashed sweet potatoes and spinach.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (use half butter if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 salmon steaks (approx 4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add almonds. Watch carefully and stir frequently so that almonds become a light, toasty brown. If they burn, throw out and start over because they will be bitter. Remove to a separate dish leaving excess oil behind.
- Add rinsed and dried salmon steaks (seasoned with salt and pepper) to the hot oil left in pan from toasting the almonds, starting with skin side up. LIghtly brown on both sides. Remove skillet from the burner and sprinkle reserved almonds on top of salmon.
- Place skillet containing almond-topped salmon into preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes until cooked through.
I like to garnish with chopped parsley but that's completely optional.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Serving Size:4 oz. filet
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 171 Total Fat: 11.9g Carbohydrates: 2.5g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 0.5g Protein: 15.1g