Lightly breaded fish topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and chopped basil.
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Tilapia, orange roughy or other thin, mildly flavored fish fillets (if frozen, allow to thaw)
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs, dried
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly dry fish with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour crumbs onto plate or wax paper and coat fish on both sides. Use your hands to pat crumbs to get them to stick to surface of fish.
- Sauté fish until brown (2-3 minutes) and flip to brown other side. (You could stop here and serve the fish with no sauce. It’s delicious!)
- Spoon light coating of pizza sauce over fish. Then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of cheese over sauce. Place under broiler for a minute or two to brown cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top of fish and serve immediately. Really good served as a fish sandwich with your favorite buns.
- Serving Size: 1 fish fillet
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 1290 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 37.5 g
Keywords: fish, tilapia, pizza, kid food, mozzarella cheese