My daughter-in-law, Susie, found her way to Texas from the Midwest just like I did. Our recipe boxes have several recipes in common. This smooth, creamy and mellow peanut butter fudge for one. Homemade egg noodles cooked in chicken broth is another. Both our grandmas made these. And both of us enjoy sharing them with our Texas family and friends.
Susie was sick one day while staying with her grandmother while her parents were out of town. So sick, in fact, she couldn’t make it to school. But apparently not so ill that she couldn’t ” lick the pan clean of the fudge.” It was a fun day she still remembers fondly.Print
Smooth and rich peanut butter candy using marshmallow creme
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk (I use skim with great results)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (we also like crunchy)
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook sugar and milk in a large saucepan to soft ball. Take off heat.
- Working quickly, add peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla to the sugar/milk mixture in the large saucepan. Mix well.
- Pour into a buttered square baking dish and let cool.
- Cut into squares and store in tins to keep fresh.