Poppy Seed Chicken Salad is a fancy chicken salad laced with poppy seeds and cranberries. It’s suitable for a weekend brunch, ladies luncheon, or a game-day party.
Everybody has a recipe for chicken salad, I suppose. This is mine. One of them, anyway. I have an everyday mix-in-two-minutes-spread-on-white-bread recipe and a party recipe. This is the latter.
It started with a recipe I found buried in a notebook of company recipes for a pizza chain where I used to work in research and development. After revising the amounts to make them domestically appropriate, and dressing it up a bit, I consider it mine.
I love this chicken salad served with homemade rolls of almost any kind. My current favorites are these sweet potato rolls made into crescent or butterhorn (as my mom used to call them) shapes. Other possibilities include crescent rolls out of a can or croissants if your pants are feeling loose.Print
A fancy chicken salad full of white chicken, celery, almonds, poppy seeds and dried cranberries.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, unflavored (may substitute more mayo)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad recipes, poppy seeds, dried cranberries, salad