Roasted Eggplant and Potatoes with eggplant, zucchini, potatoes and mushrooms is seasoned with a ranch dressing dry mix packet and roasted.
My daughter-in-law, Amanda, gets me into a lot of trouble. She loves to shop around for cool but inexpensive china and kitchen wares at places like TJ Maxx and Ross. Think she also likes Goodwill. She finds the BEST stuff. I see it and then I want to shop the same places. Of course, I find other stuff I don’t need, but might some day, so I have to buy it, too.
See what I mean?
Hey Amanda, you know that purply-eggplant-colored dish you bought recently? Don’t you think this recipe would look good in it? Might need one like it for Christmas—or my anniversary–or my next birthday. (Never mind that it’s 10 months away.)
Amanda also gives me good ideas — like this variation on roasted veggies she found in Art Smith’s Kitchen Life cookbook. When I first tasted it, I didn’t recognize the eggplant. Nor did I recognize the seasonings as dried salad dressing straight out of the packet. Doesn’t get any easier than that!
You won’t have trouble eating your vegetables when you put this on the table.
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Olive oil spray
- One 0.7-ounce envelope salad dressing mix (I like ranch)
- 2 medium zucchini, scrubbed but unpeeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 onion cut into thin wedges
- 5 ounces mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a silicone baking mat or cover cookie sheet with sides with aluminum foil. Spray with olive oil (may substitute vegetable oil spray but I prefer extra flavor of olive oil).
- Toss the eggplant with salt and place in colander for 30 minutes to drain off bitter juices.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and spray with oil. Toss to lightly coat all pieces. Add 1/2 of salad dressing mix and toss again. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Rinse eggplant well and pat dry. Put eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and red pepper in large bowl, spray with oil and toss with remaining dry salad dressing. Add to potatoes on baking tray and stir carefully. Continue roasting vegetables until tender about 30-40 minutes.
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, Gluten Free - 1 Packet
- Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil (95 Square Foot Roll)
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat - 2-Pack
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 203 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 1183mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 8g Protein: 7g