Using only a blender and a microwave, you can make your own condensed cream of mushroom soup. Easy to customize to your needs and tastes.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
- Pinch of sugar
- 8-ounces 2% evaporated milk
- Handful (approx. 3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
- Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.
Keywords: condensed cream of mushroom soup, cornstarch, mushrooms, quick, blender, microwave, evaporated milk, gluten-free