Spicy Mango and Cranberry Cream Cheese Appetizer is made up of cream cheese mixed with Gorgonzola, topped with Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce. It’s definitely got the sweet and spicy thing going on in spades.
My friend Tamara was my husband’s friend first. Not in a romantic way, I don’t think, just a friend. They went to church together as kids, so I inherited our friendship. And I’m glad I did. The amount of blackmail material I’ve squeezed out of her should last for several years.
Seriously, God has used Tamara to teach me a few things about caring for elderly parents, hospitality, and being joyful when life isn’t. She’s a good cook, too. This oft-requested recipe is just one example.
You’ve probably already seen various toppings poured over a block of cream cheese, but this cheese has Gorgonzola added which contributes a certain something special you will be hard-pressed to identify. But the best part is the sauce–Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find, but it’s available online, so I decided to go ahead and share it. In Texas, it is available at some H-E-B stores (found mine in Burleson). I am guessing jalapeno pepper jelly would be a good substitute if you can’t find the mango sauce.
This goes together quickly. Seems like a great idea for a Super Bowl party!
P.S. I was not compensated in any way by Cookwell for saying nice things about their product.Print
Spicy Mango and Cranberry Cream Cheese Appetizer is made up of cream cheese mixed with Gorgonzola, topped with Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce.
- 1 bottle Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell Company (See note)
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine 1 tablespoon Mango sauce and Gorgonzola with cream cheese using a food processor, mixer, or the back of a spoon and elbow grease. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap and mold into desired shape such as a roll or brick. Chill.
- Blend the remaining bottle of the sauce with the onions and cranberries. Mix well.
- When ready to serve, place cheese on serving plate and cover with sauce, onion, and cranberries.
- Serve with crackers.
Keywords: appetizer recipe, cranberries, parties, snack, Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce, Gorgonzola cheese