Spicy Mango and Cranberry Cream Cheese Appetizer is a cream cheese log with Gorgonzola, topped with Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce. It’s definitely got the sweet and spicy thing going on in spades.
Have you ever inherited a friend?
I’m talking about a friend you have because they were already friends with somebody you love.
My friend Tamara was my husband’s friend long before I ever met him. Not in a romantic way. Just friends. They grew up at the same church.
Lucky for me, I inherited our friendship. The amount of blackmail material I’ve squeezed out of her should last for several years.
All kidding aside…
God uses Tamara to teach me a few things about
Why Spicy Mango and Cranberry Cheese Appetizer is perfect for your next party:
You’ve probably already seen various toppings poured over a block of cream cheese, but this cheese has Gorgonzola added which contributes a certain something special you will be hard-pressed to identify.
But the best part is the sauce–Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find, but it’s available online, so I decided to go ahead and share it. In Texas, it is available at some H-E-B stores (found mine in Burleson). I am guessing jalapeno pepper jelly would be a good substitute if you can’t find the mango sauce.
This goes together quickly. Seems like a great idea for a Super Bowl party!
P.S. I was not compensated in any way by Cookwell for saying nice things about their product.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thanks so much! Paula
- 1 bottle Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell Company (See note)
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine 1 tablespoon Mango sauce and Gorgonzola with cream cheese using a food processor, mixer, or the back of a spoon and elbow grease. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap and mold into desired shape such as a roll or brick. Chill.
- Blend the remaining bottle of the sauce with the onions and cranberries. Mix well.
- When ready to serve, place cheese on serving plate and cover with sauce, onion, and cranberries.
- Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 114 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 111mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g
Date Cheese Ball
This cheese ball is on the sweet side with cream cheese, cottage cheese and dates.Get the Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken Bites
Chicken spread with cream cheese and jalapeños, rolled and wrapped with bacon, then grilledGet the Recipe
Divide this into smaller portions and freeze. Fabulous for burritos, salads and served over rice.Get the Recipe