The post entitled “My Favorite Dinner Rolls” was recently updated and republished. I like it better. However, it seems some people are attached to the original recipe. If you are one of those people, this is it.
- 1 cup warm milk (if using skim milk, replace 2 Tablespoons of milk with heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bread or instant yeast
- Place ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Select dough cycle. After about 5 minutes, check dough. It should barely stick to sides and then pull away. If too wet, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add water or milk one tablespoon at a time. See pictures of what dough should look like here. When finished, dough should be doubled in size and light. If not, allow to stay in bread machine a few more minutes till risen. (This may happen if the house is cold.)
- Punch down gently. Place on floured surface and form into two large balls. Divide each ball into 8 pieces.
- Make balls from each piece by pulling dough toward the bottom while turning the dough.
- Arrange balls in well-greased 8 or 9-inch round or square pan (non-stick is better) and cover with towel or loose plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until doubled. (I put mine in the microwave where I have already boiled a cup of water for 5 minutes to make it warm and steamy.)
- Bake in 350-degree preheated oven until golden brown, usually about 10-12 minutes. Within 5 minutes, dump baked rolls out of pan and let cool on rack or paper plate so they won’t get soggy from the steam they produce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 176mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g
Other Posts Related to My Favorite Dinner Rolls: