This Date Cheese Ball is a slightly sweet cream cheese ball laced with dates and rolled in pecans. No other sugar added. It’s easy, delicious, and a guaranteed hit at your next game night or party.
Dates are nature’s little sugar cubes, shaped like a miniature football and apparently soaked in God’s magic elixir. As you will see, dates provide the only sweetness in the recipe.
Normally, I don’t eat dates all by themselves. They are just too sweet and sticky. On the other hand, I love chopping and adding them to bread such as my Banana Whole Wheat Yeast Bread.
Serve this Cheese Ball with buttery crackers or go all out and make Homemade Graham Crackers.
Granted, making graham crackers are a little extra trouble but they are fun to eat and easy to make with my little Ziplock bag trick. Don’t miss it!
They make look rather plain and humble. But don’t be fooled. On the contrary, I’m predicting you won’t believe how fresh they taste compared to store-bought crackers.
That’s not all…
This Date Cheese Ball also benefits when served with fresh fruit. Since there’s not much color to the cheese ball itself, strawberries are at the top of my list.
How To Assemble a Date Cheese Ball:
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup dates, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese and lemon juice in mixer or food processor until smooth. No one will be able to discern the use of cottage cheese. Promise!
- Stir in dates. If using food processor, pulse only 5-6 times until mixed. Refrigerate until firm.
- Roll chilled cheese mixture in pecans that have been toasted in the microwave on a paper plate and then chopped for easy cleanup. Make a ball or get creative. Find a cool little dish with an oval or square shape or even a funnel for a cone shape. Line with plastic wrap. Force cheese mixture into shape of bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g