Mint Oreo Cookie Brownies have a base of brownies packed with mint Oreos, cookies and cream frosting, and a chocolate ganache layer on top.
It has to be said. These minty brownies are very rich–almost candy-like. Cut in small pieces.
Grasshopper cookies are part of our camping memories. (I realize these come in many forms, but I’m referring to mint Oreos.) Eating them always reminds us of our camping adventures. Do you have food memories like that?
When I saw the recipe for Cookies and Cream Brownies, I was anxious to try it with grasshopper cookies. I am happy to report they are just as good as the original recipe, especially if you favor the mint-chocolate combination.
Use your own favorite brownie recipe for the base, if you like, but I’m warning you. The frosting and ganache are rich so a decadent brownie would be overkill in my opinion. I use this microwave brownie recipe.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thank you for visiting! Paula
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso (optional)
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, plus a little extra
- 7 Cool Mint Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I like Ghiradelli)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Blend eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla with a mixer (hand mixer works fine) about 1 minute until light.
- Add melted butter and keep beating.
- Sift flour and cocoa together and add to other ingredients at low speed just until the flour disappears. Stir in cookies.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Beat room-temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and heavy cream until consistency is spreadable. (This will likely require some additional cream.) Gently stir in cookie crumbles.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Chill.
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Heat heavy cream in microwave on MEDIUM for 2 minutes or until boiling.
- Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Gently stir cream and chocolate together in circular motion until smooth.
- Add butter a small piece at a time and stir until smooth.
- Spread on top of iced brownies.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 334 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 141mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 33g Protein: 3g
Other Posts Related to Mint Cookies and Cream Brownies: