This recipe for Shrimp Pizza with Cheese-Stuffed Double Tortilla Crust is built on a base of two flour tortillas with cheese in-between. The heavenly combination of a crispy crust and shrimp, corn, tomatoes, and cheese makes for very rememberable pizza. Good for two people or one very hungry person.
If you like thin-crust pizza…
This tortilla pizza is for you.
This pizza is super crispy depending a little bit on the variety and brand of tortilla you choose. Gluing two tortillas together is genius and SO delicious.
We are calling it “The Desert Trip.” Our annual September vacation with good friends, Steve and Joan, consisted of a visit to several state and national parks in the southwest.
We do this every year
Traditionally, we celebrate my birthday on 9/11 at the nicest restaurant we can find wherever we are.
This year it was the Whiptail Grill at Zion National Park. We tried several entrees that were delicious. But it was their Mexican pizza, in particular, that inspired me to come home and whip up my own version.
These little pizzas are as easy to make as a quesadilla.
No, wait. They’re even easier because you don’t have to flip them.
I’ve written out a recipe but honestly, the ingredients are pretty much negotiable. Just like any pizza. Use however much you want but be warned that when you pile any pizza too high with cheese and veggies, the pizza won’t cook in the middle.
If you’re not a shrimp lover, substitute cooked chicken or thinly sliced steak
More recipes for pizza lovers
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas (See notes)
- 3/4 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey Jack
- 3 large shrimp, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh corn
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chilies, chopped
- pinch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay 1 cooked tortilla in iron skillet, pizza pan or cookie sheet and distribute Cheddar cheese on top. Cover with second tortilla.
- Spread salsa over top of tortilla stack as you would pizza sauce. Be sparing.
- Sprinkle most of Jack cheese over sauce and layer remaining ingredients on top in order given and amount to your taste. End with remaining shreds of Jack cheese on top.
- Bake in 425 degree oven until browned which is about 10 minutes but will vary depending on the amount of ingredients and how brown you like your cheese and crust.
My very favorite tortillas in the whole world are the uncooked flour tortillas sold in quantity at Costco. They are quick to cook in a dry skillet and make the best crust. Of course, any flour tortillas from the grocery store will work.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 560Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1025mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g