If you are looking for the Sloppy Joe Filling recipe that used to be with the Whole Wheat Rolls, look no further.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sloppy Joe Sandwich Filling
Sloppy Joe Sliders on Whole Wheat Rolls are mini-whole wheat dinner rolls filled with sloppy joe filling. Whole Wheat rolls are mixed in a bread machine.
- 1 pound ground beef - Or ground turkey. I’ve been known to throw in some sausage too.
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup catsup
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce - optional–see notes below
- Brown meat in a medium skillet and drain the excess grease. Add onions and saute with meat until soft.
- Add catchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and heat through.
- Divide into the meat mixture into 4-6 portions and pile onto hamburger buns.
If I know this is going to have to hold for awhile, I add a can of tomato sauce to keep meat mixture from getting too dry and simmer on low. Also good if you like your sloppy joes a little saucier.
Like this recipe? Thanks for leaving a 5-star rating inside the recipe at the top! 🤩