Made with coffee concentrate and unsweetened cashew milk, this 25-Calorie Iced Coffee Latte is so refreshing in the summertime.
25 calories? In a quart-size Mason jar? Seriously?
The hot muggy days we’re having in Texas here lately call for refreshing drinks. This 25-calorie Iced Coffee Latte is what I drink every single day in the summertime after lunch. It’s refreshing and fills me up at the same time. In the winter, I make a version of the same thing, without ice, heated in a mug.
What’s the secret to this low-calorie treat?
Unsweetened cashew milk. Have you tried it? Personally, I prefer it over almond milk. Unsweetened cashew milk has fewer calories (25 per cup) and I like the flavor better, too.
Certainly, you can adapt this recipe to your own tastes, including using the nut milk of your choice (remembering that the calorie count may be different). Since I drink this in the afternoon, I’ve got to have decaf. The amounts listed are only suggestions. Suit yourself.
Hazelnut-flavored coffee latte made with cashew milk and iced coffee concentrate
- Coffee Concentrate (I make my own…see notes)
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk (or use vanilla-flavored cashew milk)
- Sweetener of your choice (optional, but to keep it at 25 calories, use something like stevia or Swerve)
- Fill Mason quart jar 1/3 to 1/2 full of ice.
- Add water to 1-cup line.
- Add coffee concentrate to 2-cup line. Add a little more or less according to how strong you like your coffee.
- Add cashew milk almost to the top of the jar. Stir in sweetener of choice in the amount you require. I like one package of Trader Joe’s Stevia.
- Stir and enjoy.
My coffee of choice at the moment is Hazelnut Decaf but you can use any ground coffee you prefer. I buy the beans from Winco in my area and grind them before I leave the store. To 12 ounces of coffee, I add 6 quarts of water. Stir it up well and let it sit on the counter for 12-24 hours. Strain through a cheesecloth or large, commercial-size coffee filter. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 quart
- Calories: 25
Keywords: low-calorie, hazelnut, coffee, iced coffee, latte, latte recipes