Preview: Check out this collection of the best bread machine recipes you can mix up in your bread machine or bread maker. Most are easy. A few are advanced.
Since bread machines are my thing, I gathered up all of my best bread maker recipes into one place to make it easy for you. No more scouring the web for mind-numbing hours looking for a recipe that may or may not be good.
When using one of my recipes, you won’t need the user’s manual that came with your bread machine. Instead, I’ll guide you step-by-step as you use a bread machine to do what it does best.
No worries if you don’t have a bread machine or bread maker. Nearly all of my recipes have alternate directions for stand mixers, food processors, or making bread by hand.
How to get the best bread when using a bread machine:
When I bake bread, I want it to be the best. It has to be worth the trouble and all those steps it takes to burn up the calories.
When the ingredients are dumped in a machine, mixed, and then baked right there in the machine, it’s not always the best. Many times, it’s not very good.
But don’t blame your bread machine or bread maker. After all, it doesn’t have a brain. Instead, human intervention is often required to make the very BEST bread that tastes good, looks good, and compares favorably with anything you can buy at a bakery.
In my book, bread makers are the best kneading machine in the world. So I use them to mix and knead the dough. When the dough cycle completes, grab the dough and work it into the shape of your choice.
Let it rise and stick it in your oven. Don’t take it out until it’s perfectly baked throughout (use a quick-read thermometer if you need to) and golden brown.
“Bread machines don’t have a brain.”
You’ll be amazed at how simple most of these recipes are. Even beginners will likely find success, especially if you read and follow all the tips. But you’ll also find some more advanced recipes like the Ciabatta above, Triple-Flavor Monkey Bread, or Bread Machine Brioche. There is truly something for everybody.
Browse for your next bread making machine recipe
Please email me if you are looking for a specific recipe but don’t see it here (address below). Then, I’ll add it to my list. Many of the recipes you see here were created and tested in response to a reader request.
Looking for some advice for using your bread maker?
- 6 Bread-Machine Secrets You Need To Know To Make Marvelous Bread: Beginners should start here.
- How To Use a Bread Machine to Make Fabulous Bread: Learn about my philosophy of using a bread machine for what it does best.
- How to Choose a Bread Maker: This is a buyer’s guide to purchasing a bread machine. Find out how to match your needs with the right bread machine.
- 5 Surprising Reasons I Don’t Bake Bread in My Bread Machine: Read about the unconventional way I use my bread machine.
- How to Convert a Yeast Bread Recipe for Use in a Bread Machine: Do you have a favorite recipe you want to make in your bread machine? Now you can.
- How To Rescue Bread Dough When You Forgot To Add the Yeast: All may not be lost. If you have time, try this solution to save your bread.
- Overproofed Dough in a Bread Machine: What, Why, and How To Fix It: These answers to your questions about overproofed dough will help you make a better loaf.
- Why is My Bread so Dense? (Plus a Special Bread Machine Section): If you are turning out dense loaves, be sure to read this post.
If you have a question or problem you need help with, please write it in the comment section below so I can respond. You can also email me privately: Paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!