No matter if it’s breakfast, dinner or Christmas, homemade bread will transform any occasion from ho-hum to extraordinary. Since bread machines are my thing, I gathered up all of my best bread machine recipes into one place to make it easy for you.
No worries if you don’t have a bread machine or bread maker as some call them. Nearly all of my recipes have alternate directions for stand mixers, food processors, or making bread by hand.
You can pretty much throw away your bread machine user’s manual when you use one of my recipes. I’ll guide you step-by-step on how to make bread successfully with a bread machine.
Why you can throw away your bread machine manual:
“Bread machines don’t have a brain.”
When I bake bread, I want it to be the best. It has to be worth the trouble and all those steps to burn up the calories. When the ingredients are dumped in a machine, mixed, and then baked right there in the machine, it’s not always the best. Many times, it’s downright awful.
But you can’t always blame the bread machine. After all, they don’t have a brain.
In my book, bread makers are the best kneading machine in the world. So I use it to mix and knead the dough. When the dough cycle completes, grab the dough and work it into the shape of your choice. Let it rise and stick it in your oven. Don’t take it out until it’s perfectly baked throughout (use a quick-read thermometer if you need to) and golden brown.
You’ll be amazed at how simple most of these recipes are. Even beginners will likely find success, especially if you read and follow all the tips. But you’ll also find some more advanced recipes like the Ciabatta above, Triple-Flavor Monkey Bread, or Bread Machine Brioche. There is truly something for everybody.
If you want to read more about using a bread machine:
- 6 Bread Machine Secrets You Need To Know: Beginners should start here.
- How To Use a Bread Machine to Make Fabulous Bread: Learn about my philosophy of using a bread machine for what it does best.
- How to Choose a Bread Maker: This is a buyer’s guide to purchasing a bread machine. Find out how to match your needs with the right bread machine.
- 5 Surprising Reasons I Don’t Bake Bread in My Bread Machine: Read about the unconventional way I use my bread machine.
- How to Convert a Yeast Bread Recipe for Use in a Bread Machine: Do you have a favorite recipe you want to make in your bread machine? Now you can.
- How To Rescue Bread Dough When You Forgot To Add the Yeast: All may not be lost. If you have time, try this solution to save your bread.
Pin the picture below to save for later.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, consider helping other readers and me by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required. Thank you for visiting! Paula