Preview: Healthy iced coffee is made with coffee concentrate and unsweetened cashew milk. This low-calorie latte checks in at only 25 calories.
Only 25 calories? In a quart-size Mason jar? Seriously? The hot, muggy days we’re having in Texas here lately call for serious refreshment.
I drink this iced coffee every single day in the summertime after lunch. It’s refreshing and fills me up at the same time. In the winter, I make a version of the same thing, without ice, heated in a mug.
How do you make coffee concentrate?
I like Pioneer Woman’s recipe for Perfect Iced Coffee. Make a huge container if you want one every day. The concentrate will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
How to assemble a low-calorie coffee drink:
What’s the secret to this healthy iced coffee?
Unsweetened cashew milk. Have you tried it? I prefer it over almond milk. Unsweetened cashew milk has fewer calories (25 per cup), and I like the flavor better, too.
Of course, you can adapt this recipe to your tastes, including using the nut milk of your choice (remembering that the calorie count may be different).
Since I drink this in the afternoon, I’ve got to have decaf. The amounts listed are only suggestions. Suit yourself.
Pin this post for later!
If you love coffee, check out these posts:
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, you can help others and me by leaving a 5-star 🤩 rating in the comment section below. No comment is required.
p.s. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can email me privately: Paula at saladinajar.com.
Hope to see you again soon!
Healthy Iced Coffee with Cashew Milk Recipe
- Coffee Concentrate - See the notes
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk - or use vanilla-flavored cashew milk
- Sweetener of your choice - optional, but to keep it at 25 calories, use something like stevia or Swerve
- Fill Mason quart jar at least half full of ice.
- Add water to 1-cup line.
- Add coffee concentrate to 2-cup line. Add a little more or less according to how strong you like your coffee.
- Add cashew milk.
- If desired, stir in an artificial sweetener of choice in the amount you require. (I like one package of Trader Joe’s Stevia.) You could use granulated sugar or honey, but your drink will be more than 25 calories.
- Stir and enjoy.