Roasted Nuts with Rosemary and Shallots are toasted mixed nuts combined with rosemary and sautéed shallots. Serve warm for come-hither effect. Great appetizer!
Just in time for the Superbowl…
These nuts are a great idea for your snack table.
At a recent Christmas cookie exchange, which I wrote about here, this recipe was the star of the show.
Nevermind the sparkly cookies, decorated cut-outs, fudge, and numerous other sweets. We wanted savory, spicy, and salty. We wanted whatever that was we could smell baking in the kitchen.
And…we got it.
Rosemary, shallots and garlic flavor these toasty mixed nuts. It’s best to eat them warm out of the oven. Certainly the same day. I recommend serving them from a small slow cooker since “warm” is the best way to eat them.
One warning: the smell!
Oh my! Talk about aromatherapy. One whiff and you will forget about your troubles and your waistline. They may even help soften the disappointment if your favorite team didn’t make it to the Super Bowl.
How to make Warm and Toasty Nuts with Rosemary and Shallots:
Pin the picture below to save for later.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thank you for visiting! Paula
- 5 cups mixed nuts, such as walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced crosswise into rings to yield about 1/4 cup
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange nuts in a single layer on baking sheet and toast until golden--8-12 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add shallots and garlic to hot olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Fry until golden brown. Remove to paper towels and set aside.
- Pour melted butter over nuts. Stir in rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, and salt. Add shallots and garlic and combine well. Serve warm. Nuts can also be reheated in a 300 degree oven for 8-10 minutes but watch carefully.
Posts Related to Roasted Nuts with Rosemary and Shallots: