Add bacon to anything and it will fly off the table. That’s what a caterer once told me and I believe it. Certainly applies here.
Whether you’re planning a cookout this weekend or cooking indoors, grill up a few of these sizzling treats for a quick appetizer or serve as an entree. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with a big plate of these spicy and cheesy, smoky and crispy chicken nuggets.
If you don’t like hot, leave out the jalapenos or skimp a bit. I definitely prefer fresh jalapenos over the canned or pickled ones traditionally used with nachos. They are milder and prettier too.
- 8 chicken tenders, flattened and cut in two
- 3-ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- Dab ½ teaspoon (more or less) of cream cheese on top of each chicken tender. Sprinkle a scant ¼ teaspoon of peppers over cream cheese. Fold or roll chicken to enclose cream cheese mixture. Wrap each roll with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill until bacon is brown and crispy on both sides.