Looking for an easy recipe for a special dinner or celebration meal? May I suggest you pin or print this one. With only 4 ingredients (pepper doesn’t count), you won’t even need a recipe after making it the first time. Furthermore, your guests are going to feel extra blessed when you bring this gorgeous Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce to the table.
Consider yourself warned about the come-hither aroma wafting from your oven as this bakes. I promise you. Every man, woman, and child within whiffing distance of your kitchen will be begging for a sample. The bacon combined with raspberry chipotle sauce and pork makes for an exquisite sweet, salty, smoky flavor.
About the cream cheese stuffing (which is not at all difficult to accomplish), consider it a built-in condiment. The contrast between the mild and creamy cheese, the crispy bacon, and the sweet and spicy sauce will have your taste-buds begging for more.
A big thanks to my friend Scooter, of Scooter’s Spaghetti fame, who shared this recipe with me a couple weeks ago. My husband went crazy for it. I recently served it to my sister who was in town from Alabama with her husband, and they also pronounced it a winner. I hope you and the people at your dinner table will enjoy it, too.
1. I highly recommend covering your pan or baking dish with foil (include the sides). You’ll thank me when it comes time to do the dishes.
2. Don’t use thick-sliced bacon. If you live near a Braum’s store, you might try their thin bacon. It cooks up beautifully. (It also microwaves nicely for a BLT.)
3. I didn’t specify amounts on the raspberry chipotle sauce. Go sparingly if you don’t like a lot of spicy heat. Be generous if you do. Serve with extra sauce on the side if you live in Texas. I have only tried Fischer and Wieser raspberry chipotle sauce because I’ve been told it’s the best.
4. The recipe serves 3-4 carnivores but is easily doubled, tripled, or more.Print
Pork tenderloin gets stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon and bathed in Raspberry-Chipotle Sauce then baked in the oven.
- 4 slices bacon (not thick sliced)
- 1 pork tenderloin, 1 to 1-1/2 pound
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Half of a 15.75 ounce bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cover small cookie sheet or shallow baking dish or pan with foil, preferably non-stick. Be sure foil goes up and over the sides with no seams. You will thank me when it comes time for clean-up.
- Lay 4 slices of bacon on cookie sheet with space the width of bacon between each strip. See picture above.
- Carefully trim any fat or silverskin from tenderloin.
- Butterfly tenderloin down the middle, cutting about 3/4 of the way through the meat. Lay it out on top of bacon.
- Place cream cheese down the middle. Cover with raspberry chipotle sauce.
- Fold tenderloin back up so that cream cheese is enveloped and wrap tenderloin with bacon. Tuck the ends under. Use extra bacon if necessary to cover tenderloin.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Baste entire bacon-wrapped tenderloin with enough raspberry chipotle sauce to cover but not so much that it drips excessively onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake in 300 degree F oven for 2-3 hours. Begin checking at 2 or even before if your tenderloin is small and/or your bacon is really thin. Bacon should be well-cooked and evenly browned all over.
- After removing from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: bacon, bacon-wrapped, cream cheese, pork, tenderloin, raspberry chipotle sauce, dinner, porkrecipes