Sausage-Stuffed 8-Ball Squash is an unusual looking squash with a taste similar to zucchini. Stuffed with sausage and other veggies, these make a beautiful presentation.
Have you ever heard of 8-ball squash? They are perfect little balls and taste similar to zucchini squash. When I saw these at the produce stand, I knew I had to try them.
Cleaning out 8-Ball Squash:
Unusual looking 8-ball squash with a familiar taste make a beautiful presentation stuffed with sausage and other veggies.
- 4 8-ball squash
- 1/2 pound hot sausage
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped or 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 ounces Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice off stem end. Place upside down in pan with one inch water and boil for 10 minutes.
- After squash cools a bit, carve the flesh out of the inside and set aside in a colander to drain. A grapefruit spoon works really well for this job.
- Sauté sausage, onions and garlic till brown. Add tomato and well-drained, chopped squash to meat mixture. Add half of cheese. Fill squash shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place into 350 degree preheated oven until cheese melts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 316 kcal
- Fat: 23.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 18.9 g
Keywords: vegetable recipes, squash casserole, 8-Ball squash
Posts Related to Sausage-Stuffed 8-Ball Squash: