The next time you have an emergency and need a quick dessert, try this Microwave Brownie Recipe baked in a microwave. In less time than it takes to run to the store and buy a mix, you can fill your kitchen with the chocolaty aroma of scratch, fudge brownies.
How to make fresh brownies really, really fast (without a mix)!
Mix the batter. Pop in the microwave. Start to finish in less than 15 minutes.
This isn’t gourmet stuff (translated–not so rich that one bite puts you out of commission for the rest of the day). But I promise it will satisfy any sugar cravings.
The original recipe came with directions to “cut when cold”. Good luck with that one. Be careful not to burn your fingers because you’ll want to dig in immediately.
- Mixing time: 5-7 minutes
- Baking time: 6-7 minutes
- Clean-up: How long does it take to wash 2 bowls, beaters and measuring spoons?
Watch closely the first time you make these brownies as each microwave oven cooks slightly differently. Once you figure out the perfect time for your oven, you can set the timer and walk away.
Why this is a good recipe for emergencies:
Nothing low-calorie about this recipe. However, I find that knowing I can make a sweet goodie this fast from ingredients I always keep in my pantry means I don’t have to keep cookies around the house for unexpected occasions.
No reason to buy those Oreos “just in case”. Oreos are bad about calling out to me every time I walk past them in the kitchen. Can you relate?
More recipes for chocolate lovers
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted nuts (peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Pinch cinnamon
- Blend eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla with a mixer (hand mixer works fine) about 1 minute until light.
- Add melted butter and keep beating.
- Mix in flour and cocoa at low speed just until the flour disappears.
- Combine ingredients for topping in a small bowl. Either stir the topping into the batter now or sprinkle on top after the batter is put in baking dish. I like to sprinkle it on top. Looks fancy.
- Spread into 8" square, round, or oval glass oven-safe dish. Arrange the batter with the spatula to be somewhat thicker around the edges and corners than in the middle. This helps to even out the baking.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 - 7 minutes. Watch carefully the first time because every microwave is a bit different. When done, the top looks dry and springs back when lightly touched. If brownie becomes tough and chewy as it cools, it's overcooked. Food cooked in a microwave continues to cook for a minute or two after removing from the oven.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest