This French Silk Pie features a silky smooth and cool chocolate filling inside a pecan cookie crust. Our family likes it best with chopped up Skor or Heath toffee candy bars on top. Whipped cream is optional.
Then there’s her Fresh Peach Pie and now this recipe for French Silk Chocolate Pie which shows up frequently at our Thanksgiving and/or Christmas celebrations.
What makes this French Silk Pie extra special?
- A pecan-studded pat-in-the-pan pie crust
- Chopped Skor or Heath Bar on top
Contrast those two crunchy textures with the exquisitely smooth chocolate filling. It’s like jumping into a cool swimming pool on a hot Texas day after mowing the yard. The pleasure is almost unbearable!
Important tips about this pie:
- If you are squeamish about eating uncooked eggs, use pasteurized eggs.
- This is not a good pie to make on a hot day. It will soften quickly if not kept chilled.
More recipes for pie lovers
Pin the picture below to save for later.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, consider helping other readers and me by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required. Thank you for visiting! Paula
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup cool butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 chocolate-covered toffee candy bar (i.e. Heath or Skor bar), chopped
- Place flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until crumbly like oatmeal.
- Add pecans and pulse till all pieces are slightly smaller than oatmeal.
- Press into 7-1/2 or 8-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes. Cool.
- In stand mixer, whip butter until light and smooth for 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and continue to whip for 2 minutes. Add chocolate and beat another minute. Add one egg. Mix for 2 minutes on medium. Add second egg and beat for 3-5 minutes or however long it takes to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Taste it and see if you feel any graininess on your tongue. If so, keep mixing. Undissolved sugar will make you think you are eating a sand pie which kinda puts a damper on the whole experience.
- Spoon filling into cooled crust and refrigerate until firm. Sprinkle with chopped Heath or Skor Bars. Whipped cream wouldn't be bad either.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g