Preview: Pizza Fish is a quick recipe that calls for topping breaded fish filets with pizza sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Kids love it.
Pizza Fish is not pizza with fish on it. Instead, it is fish with pizza toppings. I learned about this recipe when working for a large fish company and giving out samples. Customers were crazy
If your family’s only exposure to fish is the high-calorie fried fish sandwich at fast food joints, you’ve got your work cut out for you. Nonetheless, this simple fish recipe is a great place to start. It’s easily customizable, and the pizza flavors are familiar.
Try this recipe for Tilapia with Pizza Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese if you want your family to eat more fish. It’s lightly breaded, sautéed, smeared with a bit of pizza sauce, and topped with cheese. Fresh basil adds sophistication for participating adults.
Any tips for getting kids to eat fish?
How to cook Pizza Fish in a hurry:
This fish recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make. Using frozen fish makes it even more convenient from a shopping standpoint.
Frozen tilapia and orange roughy will defrost in the time it takes to walk in the door from work, change clothes, and heat the skillet. Typically, it takes less than 20 minutes to defrost the average fillet when placed in a bowl of water.
Another way to cut corners with this recipe is to brown the fish first, then cover it with pizza sauce and cheese. Next, cover the pan and let the residual heat melt the cheese. Using a lid cuts out the broiler step, although your cheese won’t get brown.
How to assemble this recipe:
Looking for more fish recipes?
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, you can help others and me by leaving a 5-star 🤩 rating in the comment section below. No comment is required.
p.s. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can email me privately: Paula at saladinajar.com.
Hope to see you again soon!
Pizza Fish Recipe
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 6 4 oz .pieces tilapia, orange roughy or other thin, mildly flavored fish fillets (if frozen, allow to thaw)
- Salt and pepper
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs - dried
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly dry fish with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour crumbs onto plate or wax paper and coat fish on both sides. Use your hands to pat crumbs to get them to stick to surface of fish.
- Sauté fish until brown (2-3 minutes) and flip to brown other side. (You could stop here and serve the fish with no sauce. It’s delicious!)
- Spoon light coating of pizza sauce over fish. Then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of cheese over sauce. Place under broiler for a minute or two to brown cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top of fish and serve immediately. Really good served as a fish sandwich with your favorite buns.