Preview. Simple Salmon with Almonds for Two is quick to prepare for a weeknight but fancy enough for company. It’s easy to double or triple the recipe if feeding more than two.
Maybe you’ve been there. I’m talking about what mothers do to stay home with their young children and still make money.
When my children were young, I did the occasional grocery store demonstration for Landlock Seafood Company in Dallas. Their recipes still populate my cookbook. They were easy and good enough to convince people to impulse-buy their fish.
Thanks to Landlock Seafood, this has been our favorite way to eat salmon for years.
Do you know what I mean by the term “un-recipe?
It’s a recipe so simple that after you make it once, you probably won’t need to look at the recipe again. They are my favorite kind of recipes.
You only need one pan and four ingredients (not counting salt and pepper) for this salmon recipe: Salmon (try it with other fish filets, too), oil and butter, and sliced almonds.
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, you can help others and me by leaving a 5-star 🤩 rating in the comment section below. No comment is required.
p.s. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can email me privately: Paula at saladinajar.com.
Hope to see you again soon!
Almond Salmon for Two
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - use half butter if you prefer
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 salmon steaks - approx 4 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter. When hot, add almonds. Watch carefully and stir frequently until almonds become a light, toasty brown. If they burn, throw out and start over because they will be bitter. Remove to a separate dish leaving excess oil behind.
- Add rinsed and dried salmon steaks (seasoned with salt and pepper) to the hot oil left in pan from toasting the almonds, starting with skin side up. LIghtly brown on both sides. Remove skillet from the burner and sprinkle reserved almonds on top of salmon.
- Place skillet containing almond-topped salmon into preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes until cooked through.