Preview: This recipe will show you how to make Stuffed Round Steak Pinwheels, good for any celebratory meal. Bake in a slow cooker or the oven.
Assembling this recipe may take you a fair amount of time, although less so the more often you make it. But once you put these Steak Pinwheels into your slow cooker or oven, you are free to carry on with your life until it’s time to make the gravy and serve.
About 15 minutes before dinnertime, remove the toothpicks, slice the steak rolls, and stir together some gravy. Bring on the mashed potatoes for an unforgettable feast.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- STEAK: Top round steak is usually the most economical choice. Flank steak is suitable as well. The steak should be thin–cut about 1/2 inch thick. Pound it with a mallet for maximum tenderness unless it was already tenderized by the butcher.
- GROUND SAUSAGE: You have several choices. I use breakfast sausage, hot or mild. Italian sausage will work just as well if you prefer that flavor profile.
- BREAD CRUMBS: Again, you see the flexibility of this recipe. The crumbs can be soft or dried, seasoned or plain.
- ONIONS: White or yellow onions are both suitable. Chopped onions are convenient.
- PEPPERS: Red bell peppers are somewhat sweet. Green peppers have a bitter edge. Using both or including yellow and orange peppers makes a colorful pinwheel.
- KITCHEN BOUQUET: Worcestershire sauce can be substituted here.
- CORNSTARCH: Substitute flour for cornstarch when making the gravy if you prefer. You may need a little more flour.
Yes. Cook the pinwheels and let them cool. Freeze with or without the gravy on them. Double wrap to protect the food for up to 4 months.
Yes. Bake the rolls a day ahead. Cool and chill. Make gravy just before serving.
Yes. Bake in a 300˚F oven for 2-3 hours.
Try turkey or chicken sausage. Or leave off the sausage completely and use only bread crumbs and veggies.
How to cook Stuffed Round Steak Pinwheels:
Don’t miss the video if you want to watch how this dish comes together.
Posts Related to Steak Pinwheels Stuffed with Sausage
- Sausage Stuffed 8-Ball Squash
- Sweet and Sour Sausage
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, you can help others and myself by leaving a 5-star 🤩 rating in the recipe below. No comments required.
Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.