Sweet and Sour Sausage combines three different types of sausage, pineapple chunks and a delicious sweet and sour sauce for a breakfast or brunch recipe your family and friends are sure to remember.
Sweet and Sour Sausage was first served to me with pancakes at a breakfast given by our minister’s wife. She promised to give out the recipe. Unfortunately, I never received it from her.
But it was a culinary memory I was determined to repeat. Eventually, I came up with the following recipe which tastes just as good as hers–at least the way I remember.
If you have the time and want to make people feel special, try making a delicious little k-bob. First, make sure everything is coated with the sauce. Second, use a toothpick and poke a piece of sausage, then a piece of pineapple, and finally, another piece of sausage that is a different type from the one you already have on the toothpick. Simple, eh?
Pin the picture below to save for later.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, consider helping other readers and me by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required. Thank you for visiting! Paula
- 1/2 pound ground sausage, made into mini-meatballs
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cubed
- 1/2 pound little smokies
- 1 8 ounce can sliced pineapple, drained, and cut into chunks (save juice and set pineapple aside)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- water plus pineapple juice to equal 2/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Brown sausages. Drain any excess fat. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved pineapple juice and whisk till smooth. Pour into skillet used to brown sausage. On low heat, cook and whisk until thickened. Add sausages and pineapple. Heat till thoroughly warm throughout.
- If desired, make kabobs using toothpicks adding one piece of pineapple and two pieces of sausage.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 933mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 14g
Posts Related to Sweet and Sour Sausage: