I’m so anxious to share My Favorite Pizza Dough recipe with you. We have been using it in our family for years. Hope you like it as well as we do. The recipe is written for a bread machine but feel free to mix it up in your stand mixer or even by hand if you want.
A few years ago, I worked for a major pizza chain in their research and development department. After I saw how much oil goes in the bottom of their pizza pans, I decided to make my own from then on. This recipe is good for thick or thin pizza and even makes a great focaccia which I will post soon.
I love to make pizza dough in my bread machine using the dough cycle. If I put it on the timer function, it will be ready to make out into pizza the moment I walk in the door from work.
I’m including this in the Skinny Secrets category because the crust portion is so much lower in calories than you would get at a restaurant but it’s difficult to calculate nutritionals since no toppings are specified.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour (If you use all-purpose flour- you may need to add up to 1/4 cup extra)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fast-rising or bread machine yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order given. Run through dough cycle.
- When dough has risen, remove from bread pan to floured surface and divide in 2 pieces. Spray a heavy pizza pan with olive oil. Push and cajole pizza to desired thinness with your hands. Using a rolling pin tends to make the dough compact. If dough is resistant to stretching, let it sit and relax for a few minutes then come back to it.
- Layer sauce first (don’t overdo it), cheese and then meat or vegetables. Watch the amounts. Excess toppings will cause your pizza to take too long to bake and may result in a soggy middle. Bake in oven that has been preheated to 450 degrees. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: pizza, bread machine, pizza dough, pizza dough recipe
Mexican Pizza with Cheese-Stuffed Double Tortilla Crust
Soft Garlic Sticks
Bread Machine Rosemary Parmesan Foccacia
6 Bread Machine Secrets for Beginners
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough from Your Bread Machine