Bake Swedish Apple Pie in a pie plate without a crust. Cinnamon-spice apples are covered with a sweet batter. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Attention all pie crust-a-phobes. Have I got a pie for you. No crust!!!
It’s sweet, it’s cinnamon-y and it’s Swedish. Actually, I have no idea about the country of origin. It’s part of the title on the handwritten recipe I have. That’s all I know.
Besides being my daughter-in-law’s favorite dessert, this recipe is all the more special because I got it from Amanda’s mother, Sandy. I especially enjoy eating it at her house.
Which reminds me, Sandy is a hostess extraordinaire and I’m so thankful we get to share some birthdays and holidays together, often at her and Bob’s house along with the rest of the family.
Sandy, thanks for an easy recipe. Tastes fabulous! I’ll think of you and Amanda every time I make it–which is the cool thing about sharing recipes.
- 2 1/2 cups cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lightly grease pie plate. Fill with sliced apples mixed with lemon juice. Pie pan should be about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and 3 teaspoons sugar over apples.
- Mix sugar, melted butter, and pecans in a separate bowl. Stir in beaten egg, flour and salt. Spread over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 337 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 256mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 24g Protein: 3g