Crispy Chicken and Spinach Flautas are made with flour tortillas, rotisserie chicken, spinach and cheese. Don’t forget to serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole.
This recipe is so easy and tasty, I usually have no room for dessert when I’ve had my fill of these Crispy Chicken and Spinach Flautas.
These flautas are similar to the Crispy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Flautas I wrote about here.
My favorite tortillas:
Start with my favorite TortillaLand uncooked flour tortillas available dependably at Costco and other grocery stores. I like the TortillaLand tortillas because of the way they bake up flaky and crispy.
Stuff the tortillas with shredded rotisserie chicken, fresh sauteed spinach, and your choice of cheese. I prefer Pepper Jack cheese for the heat and flavor it adds. Monterey Jack would be a milder choice. Cheddar cheese also works.
What to serve on the side:
Make some fresh guacamole or use salsa as a dip for your flautas. They aren’t the same without condiments. By the way, you can read the secret for buying good avocados here.
How to make Chicken and Spinach Flautas:
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thank you for visiting! Paula
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)
- 4 oz. (3 cups) chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2.5 oz or 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese or Pepper Jack, shredded
- Olive oil or coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If you are using uncooked tortillas, go ahead and cook them per directions on the package. Otherwise, cut cooked flour tortillas in half.
- Place fresh spinach into hot skillet and heat just until wilted. Drain any excess liquid.
- Distribute equal amounts of chicken, spinach, and shredded cheese onto long side of each tortilla half. See picture above.
- Starting with the long side, tightly roll each tortilla and place onto cookie sheet seam-side down. The cheese will melt and stick, so I recommend lining cookie sheet with non-stick aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat for easy removal of the flautas and quick clean-up.
- Spray both sides of rolled tortillas with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until flautas start to brown. Carefully flip flautas to seam-side up and continue to bake for another 5-8 minutes until flautas are golden brown and crispy all over.
- If seams start to pop open after you flip flautas, gently press them back together with your tongs while flipping.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 flautas Serving Size: 2 flautas
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 348mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 15g