Preview: Hamburger Minestrone Soup is a spicy can-opener soup. This version contains ground beef but leave it out for a vegetarian meal.
Preparing this recipe is going to require a can opener. When you need to throw supper together in a hurry but don’t feel like eating junk food or leftovers, consider this minestrone soup.
Yes, I know. Canned beans, canned vegetables, and condensed soups often contain too much sodium.
On the other hand, they usually have fewer calories and more nutrition than food from the local drive-thru.
Thanks to my friend Joan who gave me this recipe for Minestrone Soup with Ground Beef. It is a cool-weather staple at our house and the perfect candidate for my new “Super Simple Suppers” category.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- GROUND BEEF: Ground turkey would make a good substitute. Or leave out the meat altogether if you prefer.
- ONION: White or yellow onions are good. I use frozen chopped onions for convenience.
- MINESTRONE SOUP: I like Campbell’s brand but any brand will work.
- RANCH-STYLE BEANS: Kidney beans or pinto beans are a good replacement.
- ROTEL TOMATOES: If you don’t want your soup to be so spicy, use regular tomatoes.
- BEEF BOUILLON: Canned beef broth is another option.
What should I serve with this recipe?
Can I freeze Minestrone Soup?
All the ingredients can be stored in the pantry and/or freezer, making it easy to keep on hand. If your family is small, you could eat it for days. Thankfully, it freezes well, so you have that option, too.
More soup recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, you can help others and myself by leaving a 5-star 🤩 rating in the recipe below. No comments required.
Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.