Preparing Roasted Baby Carrots with a Secret Ingredient is a vegetable nearly everybody will love. After a trip through the oven, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
My sisters and I planned a trip to visit her in Indiana a few weeks ago since we had been told she was declining rather quickly. Next thing we knew, she had fallen and never really recovered. She passed before we could get there.
Although sad that we missed her, we were able to visit my brother on the farm and spend time catching up with him and his family. It was a reunion full of reminiscing and laughter. Love how God can take what seems bad in the beginning and make something good come out of it.
A few days after I got home from snowy Indiana, my husband got sick. Despite testing negative for the flu, he displayed all the symptoms. (Yes, he got a flu shot this year.) As nurse-in-charge, I immediately placed him under quarantine.
Accordingly, I proceeded to wash my hands and everything else he looked at or breathed on for the next week. He’s finally better, thank the Lord. My heart goes out to you if you’ve experienced something similar this winter.
So…what is the secret ingredient in these Roasted Baby Carrots?
Smoked paprika is the seasoning that makes these carrots memorable. I keep it in my fridge at all times. But if you don’t, you can leave it out.
However, it adds an enticing flavor note that makes these carrots go down as easily as French Fries. They smell fabulous when you take them out of the oven. Every time I make these, people ask me if the recipe is on the blog. Now it is.
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Smoked paprika (I just eyeball it--start with a teaspoon or two)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour olive oil onto a foil-covered baking sheet with sides.
- Add baby carrots and shake pan or stir carrots to cover them with oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle liberally with smoked paprika and shake the pan to distribute seasonings.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Time may vary according to the size of your carrots.
- Serve with Ranch dressing if you like a condiment with every meal like we do.
- McCormick Gourmet Collection, Smoked Paprika, 1.62-Ounce Unit (Packaging May Vary)
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 1 L
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 83 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 235mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g