Preparing Roast Baby Carrots with a Secret Ingredient is a vegetable nearly everybody will love. After a trip through the oven, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
THE SECRET INGREDIENT IN THIS RECIPE
Smoked paprika is the seasoning that makes these carrots memorable. I keep it in my fridge at all times. But if you don’t, you can leave it out.
However, it adds an enticing flavor note that makes these carrots go down as easily as French Fries. They smell fabulous when you take them out of the oven. Every time I make these, people ask me if the recipe is on this website. Now it is.
MORE RECIPES FOR VEGGIE LOVERS
- Bonnie’s Carrot Casserole
- Crispy, Roasted, Smashed Okra
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Roasted Yellow Squash with Parmesan
- 19 Side Dishes That Will Jazz Up Your Menu
Pin the picture below to save for later.
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Smoked paprika (I just eyeball it--start with a teaspoon or two)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour olive oil onto a foil-covered baking sheet with sides.
- Add baby carrots and shake pan or stir carrots to cover them with oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle liberally with smoked paprika and shake the pan to distribute seasonings.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Time may vary according to the size of your carrots.
- Serve with Ranch dressing if you like a condiment with every meal like we do.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g