Easy Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia is a cinch to mix and knead in a bread machine. It’s a great recipe for beginning bread-bakers.
Don’t feel left out if you don’t have a bread machine, this flavorful focaccia can easily be made by hand or with a stand mixer. See the recipe notes for details
My Favorite Pizza Dough Recipe makes another appearance today disguised as Easy Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia. This recipe is even easier than making pizza dough.
How to use a bread machine to bake focaccia:
Again, I recommend that you use a bread machine only to mix and knead the dough. Bake in your regular oven.
Trust me, this isn’t a difficult recipe.
Have you tried to make bread before and it wasn’t what you hoped? I get it. The whole process can be intimidating. Throw a bread machine into the mix and things can go downhill fast.
Let me encourage you to give it another try.
I’ll hold your hand. Get out your bread machine (or stand mixer or just do it by hand) and let’s get started. If you have a question or problem, shoot me an email.
How do I serve Focaccia?
Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia is terrific with pasta. Use a pizza cutter to cut wedges just like you would cut a pizza.
Also good for sandwiches. Split the focaccia in half horizontally. Toasting is optional.
What bread machine recipe would you like to see next?
Pin the picture below to save for later.
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order given. Run the dough cycle. Take bread out of machine and place on floured board. Divide in half and form into two smooth balls. Let rest approximately 10 minutes.
- Spray deep dish pizza pan with olive oil. Or you can brush bottom of pan with olive oil. Place dough in pan and flatten with your finger tips. (Using a roller will tend to compact your crust.)
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then approximately 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Alternate Mixing Instructions:
Directions for making bread with a stand mixer or by hand:
- To make this recipe in a heavy-duty stand mixer, add ingredients to the bowl in the same order. Turn on low to mix until all ingredients are moistened. Using a dough hook, turn speed to 2 or 3 and continue beating/kneading until dough becomes smooth and elastic (about 5-10 minutes). Cover and allow to rise in a warm place. Deflate dough gently and shape as indicated in the recipe.
- If making by hand, combine all ingredients into a shaggy ball in a large bowl. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead with your hands until dough becomes smooth and elastic, a process that will likely take 10-20 minutes depending on your experience. Place the dough ball into a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise until double. Deflate dough gently and shape as indicated in the recipe.
How to substitute active dry yeast for bread-machine yeast or instant yeast:
If you substitute regular yeast for instant or bread-machine yeast, you must dissolve it first before adding to the dry ingredients. Stir it into about 1/4 cup of the lukewarm liquid called for in the recipe. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Add to other wet ingredients and then add dry ingredients. Proceed as directed to knead and shape the dough.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g