Easy Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia is a cinch to mix and knead in a bread machine. It’s a great recipe for beginning bread-bakers.
Don’t feel left out if you don’t have a bread machine, this flavorful focaccia can easily be made by hand or with a stand mixer. See the recipe notes for details
My Favorite Pizza Dough Recipe makes another appearance today disguised as Easy Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia. This recipe is even easier than making pizza dough.
How To Use a Bread Machine To Bake Focaccia:
Again, I recommend that you use a bread machine only to mix and knead the dough. Bake in your regular oven.
Trust me, this isn’t a difficult recipe.
Have you tried to make bread before and it wasn’t what you hoped? I get it. The whole process can be intimidating. Throw a bread machine into the mix and things can go downhill fast.
Let me encourage you to give it another try.
I’ll hold your hand. Get out your bread machine (or stand mixer or just do it by hand) and let’s get started. If you have a question or problem, shoot me an email.
How do I serve Focaccia?
Rosemary-Parmesan Focaccia is terrific with pasta. Use a pizza cutter to cut wedges just like you would cut a pizza.
Also good for sandwiches. Split the focaccia in half horizontally. Toasting is optional.
What bread machine recipe would you like to see next?
Pin the picture below to save for later.
Did you enjoy this recipe? You can help others (and me) by leaving a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. No comment required. Thank you.
Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. Questions? Email me: paula at saladinajar.com.
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups (360 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order given. Run the dough cycle. Take bread out of machine and place on floured board. Divide in half and form into two smooth balls. Let rest approximately 10 minutes.
- Generously oil a deep dish pizza pan or heavy cookie sheet at least 13-inches across. Place the dough in a pan and flatten by using your hands to flatten the dough.
- Let the dough rise for 30-40 minutes. Use your finger tips to poke random holes in the surface of the dough.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Alternate Mixing Instructions:
Directions for making bread with a stand mixer or by hand:
- To make this recipe in a heavy-duty stand mixer, add ingredients to the bowl in the same order. Turn on low to mix until all ingredients are moistened. Using a dough hook, turn speed to 2 or 3 and continue beating/kneading until dough becomes smooth and elastic (about 5-10 minutes). Cover and allow to rise in a warm place. Deflate dough gently and shape as indicated in the recipe.
- If making by hand, combine all ingredients into a shaggy ball in a large bowl. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead with your hands until dough becomes smooth and elastic, a process that will likely take 10-20 minutes depending on your experience. Place the dough ball into a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise until double. Deflate dough gently and shape as indicated in the recipe.
- Please note: You can substitute active dry yeast for instant or bread machine yeast. There is no longer any need to dissolve it. Be aware that it may be a little slower acting than instant yeast, but it'll get there.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Fleischmann's Yeast for Bread Machines, 4-ounce Jars (Pack of 1)
OXO 11214800 Good Grips 11 Pound Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display,Black,1.2
Polder Safe-Serve Instant Read Kitchen Thermometer with Torch, Red
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Bowl Scraper/Chopper
HONGLIDA 18-inch Wood Rolling Pin for Baking, Non-stick Pastry Dough Roller without Handles┃Perfect Gifts for Bakers.
OXO Measuring Cup Set 4 pcs of Stainless Steel, 9.39 x 9.91 x 21.59 cm, Silver
Prepworks by Progressive Magnetic Measuring Spoons, Set of 5
Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of Bread, Stainless Steel/Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g