Raisin Bran Crunch Cookies are filled with Raisin Bran Crunch cereal, coconut, and pecans. Wouldn’t you rather eat
Since I already eat enough carrots to turn my skin orange, I decided to replace the carrots with Raisin Bran Crunch. They turned out as yummy as I anticipated. My husband loved them too.
When these cookies are hot, they have the texture of a scone. You know, soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. Wait until the next day when the flavors settle in and get comfy. The result will be a soft but chewy cookie.
These are so good, I’m thinking of giving up Fiber One and just putting 2 or 3 of these cookies in a cereal bowl and calling it breakfast.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- FLOUR: As long as it’s all-purpose flour, it doesn’t matter so much whether it is bleached or unbleached.
- SALT: I use kosher salt in my kitchen.
- RAISIN BRAN CRUNCH CEREAL: Cornflakes would make a good substitute. I haven’t tried them all but I suspect any cereal sold in the form of flakes is a possible candidate for these cookies.
- RAISINS: The cereal has a few raisins but I like even more raisins. Dried cranberries or cherries would be delicious.
- PECANS: This is an optional ingredient. Anytime I add pecans to a recipe, I toast them first in the microwave. It takes so little time, there’s no reason to skip this step. It brings out the flavor.
What is the next cookie you would like to read about?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please give it a five-star 🤩 rating inside the recipe card below. No comment required. Thank you.
Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. Questions? Email me: paula at saladinajar.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup slightly crushed Raisin Bran Crunch cereal (or flaked cereal of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup moist, plump raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients.
- Use a mixer to beat butter until creamy and smooth. Add the sugars and beat 2 more minutes. Add egg and keep beating for an additional minute.
- Reduce mixer speed and add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 portions incorporating into the dough just until mixed. Add cereal, coconut, raisins, and pecans.
- Drop cookies by generous spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. They won't spread much so they can be placed fairly close together.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Rearrange trays halfway through to facilitate even browning.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest