You’re going to enjoy eating your vegetables any time you prepare Roasted Yellow Squash with Parmesan. It’s a side dish of thinly-sliced squash, coated in olive oil, and seasoned with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, then oven-baked until the cheese is crispy and brown. This recipe fits well with a Keto or Low-Carb diet.
Do you ever try the recipes printed on the back of boxes or packages of food you buy at the store?
A version of this particular recipe for Roasted Yellow Squash with Parmesan is on the back of the zippered plastic bag the squash comes in from Aldi’s.
Despite ignoring it for months, I decided to try it in a fit of boredom one night at 6 PM. It blew me away. Although it’s not particularly photogenic, when the Parmesan cheese turns brown and crispy, it’s irresistible.
How To Preparation are Roasted Yellow Squash with Parmesan:
If you don’t have either of those, use a sharp knife to slice the squash approximately 1/4-inch thick.
2. Cover a half-sheet pan with aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet. Pour the oil onto the tray and then the sliced squash. Use your hands to toss the yellow squash with the oil.
Try to arrange the squash so none of the slices overlap. I know. It’s not easy when you’re in a hurry, and your squash is on the larger side.
However, yummy crispiness and browning won’t happen if the squash overlaps each other.
3. Season with salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you know about non-stick aluminum foil?
Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil is the coolest thing ever! Use it whenever baking with cheese or making something that sticks and is tricky to get out of the pan, like brownies or lasagna.
Unfortunately, the price is a little high. Now you know why I hide mine from the rest of the family. I don’t want them using it unwittingly to cover a bowl, wrap a sandwich, or something else totally unworthy of this amazing invention.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thanks so much! Paula
- 3 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover 1 half-size cookie sheet with aluminum foil (non-stick foil is my favorite) or a silicone baking mat.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto sheet. Dump sliced squash onto covered sheet and "stir-it-up" with your hands to coat all the squash with oil.
- Arrange sliced yellow squash on prepared cookie sheet so they generally are not overlapping.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is browned.
- Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil (95 Square Foot Roll)
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat - 2-Pack
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 111 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 251mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 4g
Are you looking for more veggie recipes?