A beautiful glaze made in the microwave showcases fresh nectarines or peaches in this Fresh Glazed Nectarine (or Peach) Pie. It’s a real summertime treat when fresh nectarines or peaches are at their peak.
Is there anything better than biting into a fresh, fragrant, perfectly ripe nectarine or peach in the summertime?
The sweet nectar rolling down your chin, your hands, and your arms is a reminder of how wonderfully juicy and messy they can be.
Take that same fresh-as-can-be flavor and put it in a pie crust to make this Fresh Glazed Nectarine (or Peach) Pie. I make it the same way I make a fresh strawberry pie–based on my Aunt Marg’s recipe.
What you can look forward to when eating Glazed Fresh Nectarine (or Peach) Pie:
The glaze is light in texture–not rubbery with too much gelatin. It’s not made with cooked fruit that might detract from the freshness I want to highlight and enjoy. There
Peaches are my preference over nectarines. However, not only were the ones at the store hard, but they couldn’t pass the sniff test (as in, smells like a real peach). So I went with nectarines.
Furthermore, there’s no need to peel nectarines. What a time-saver! In addition, it makes the fiber count a little higher. And of course, that’s very important when you’re eating dessert. 🙂
Kitchen notes on making Glazed Fresh Nectarine (or Peach) Pie:
If using peaches, sprinkle a tablespoon of lemon or orange juice over sliced fruit immediately after peeling and slicing to prevent browning.
Don’t expect pretty slices.
Oh well! Tastes fabulous–especially if you use good quality fruit. This is obviously a summertime recipe to be made when peaches and nectarines are in season.
Serve with whipped cream.
Probably didn’t need to mention that but don’t forget it. It’s the whole “peaches and cream” thing–a tried and true combination.
If you make this and enjoy the recipe, it would help me and others if you would return to this post and leave a rating (on the recipe card itself underneath the picture). Although always appreciated, no comment is required. Thanks so much! Paula
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons (half of 4 oz box) powdered peach jello
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 quart sliced nectarines or peaches
- Pre-baked 9-inch pie crust (I prefer a cookie-type crust)
- Combine water, cornstarch, Jello and corn syrup in that order. Stir or whisk until smooth. Cook until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add flavoring and allow to cool. (I prefer to cook the filling in my microwave using a 2 qt-glass batter bowl. Takes 4-7 minutes on High, stirring 2-3 times.)
- Pour glaze over cleaned and sliced fruit in large bowl. Gently stir to distribute glaze throughout fruit. Pour into pie crust. Arrange fruit in picturesque manner if you care or you could just cover the pie with lots of sweetened whipped cream when you get ready to serve it and nobody will know the difference.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Best eaten the day it’s made.
- Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Glass Batter Bowl With Lid (81106L11)
- Pyrex Glass Bakeware Pie Plate 9" x 1.2"
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 286 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 40g Protein: 3g
Aunt Marg's BEST Glazed and Extremely Fresh Strawberry Pie
Aunt Marg's Fresh Strawberry Pie is a not-too-sweet fruit dessert formulated for maximum enjoyment of fresh strawberries. Easy pat-in-the-pan crust takes it over the top.Get the Recipe
Apples in a Bag
Apples in a bag are a quick, single-serving of cinnamon-spiced apples cooked in a zip-lock bag or bowl. Pour over pita chips, oatmeal or ice cream.Get the Recipe
Blueberry-Stuffed Sally Lunn Bread
A light, sweet, brioche-like yeast bread with fresh, sweetened blueberries swirled throughoutGet the Recipe
Susan's Blueberry Coffeecake
Blueberry Coffee Cake starts with cookie-crust base, then a layer of blueberries enveloped in sweet cake-like batter topped with pecan.Get the Recipe
Strawberry Balsamic Muffins: Goat Cheese is the Secret
An easy strawberry-balsamic sauce combines with goat cheese to make a memorable breakfast muffin.Get the Recipe
More ideas for the fresh fruits of summer…