Zucchini noodles (zoodles) are the base of this refreshing Greek Zoodle Salad–also contains cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese with a light dressing.
My niece Gina recently paid a visit and demonstrated how to make this refreshing salad for a family cookout. She grows zucchini, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes in her garden where she lives in North Carolina, so she and her husband are eating this a lot.
If you haven’t tried making noodles from zucchini, I heartily recommend you give it a try. You don’t have to have a spiralizer (30$ or so) to make the zoodles, but it sure makes the process easier if you make them as much as I do.
Since Gina offered to help, I decided to try my hand at creating one of the new rapid-fire food videos as put together by Tasty, Delish, and others. Maybe it will inspire you.
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles (zoodles) or slice by hand with a knife.
- Prepare cucumber and tomatoes. Set aside.
- To make dressing: add juice of lemons into a pint-size Mason jar, then olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Heat zoodles in a large sauce pan or skillet just until hot. Don't cook so long that they get mushy. Empty noodles into a colander or strainer, and use the back of a spatula or wooden spoon to press out as much liquid as possible. Return zoodles to the original pan.
- Add all other ingredients to zoodles and toss together with a light hand. Serve immediately if you like it warm or at room temperature if you prefer. I like warm because it makes the cheese slightly melty and oh so delicious.
- Spiralizer PS-10 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer, White
- KUKPO Strainer - Fine Stainless Steel Double Mesh Strainer, 9 Inch Diameter!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 163 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 156mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 3g