Twisted Cinnamon-Pecan Breakfast Yeast Bread is a yeast bread in the same family as cinnamon rolls–directions for mixing and kneading in a bread machine included. Feel free to use a stand mixer or mix by hand if you prefer.
My sister and I plan to open a bed and breakfast when we’re both widows some day. (Please don’t discuss this idea with my husband. It makes him nervous.) This sweet yeast bread will definitely be on the menu.
Think sophisticated cinnamon roll with melt-in-your mouth tenderness. The twisted configuration ups the fanciness quotient considerably.
Just like 95% of the yeast bread I make, this recipe is mixed, kneaded and proofed in a bread machine but using a big electric mixer or mixing by hand is fine if you’re so inclined. Once the dough rises to double its original size, remove from the pan, shape, allow to rise again and bake.
Now it gets a little tricky but the twist is what makes this sweet bread special. Proceed with confidence.
Don’t be scared off by the shaping instructions. I’ve made many less than perfect twists in the past but they still tasted incredible–as in calling my name from the kitchen the rest of the day. The glaze will cover a multitude of sins. I normally use more icing than pictured here but I wanted you to be able to see the twist.
- 3/4 cup half and half (warmed for 1 minute in microwave)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 (1/4)-3 (3/4) cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 package instant or bread machine yeast or (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 + tablespoons milk or black coffee
- Place all ingredients in order listed into bread machine pan. Set on dough cycle. After 5-10 minutes and check dough for consistency. Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time if too wet or water 1 teaspoon at a time if too dry.
- When dough has risen to double, remove from bread machine and divide in half. Cover each portion with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll first half into a 9 x 20-inch rectangle. Spread with half the butter. Sprinkle with half of filling mixture. Starting at long side, roll up jellyroll style. Pinch seam to seal.
- Now it gets a little tricky but the twist is what makes this sweet bread special. Proceed with confidence.
- Slice roll in half lengthwise. Place halves side by side, with cut surfaces facing up. Moisten one end of each portion with wet fingers. Push the ends together to join the two pieces of dough. Twist pieces together; shape into a ring and fit into a greased 8 or 9-inch pan. Moisten ends and press to seal.
- Repeat process with other half of dough and filling. Cover and let rise in warm place until almost doubled in size. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 3 minutes and transfer to serving platter with spatula.
- Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of Bread, Stainless Steel/Black
- King Arthur Flour Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 5 Pound
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 206 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 169mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 3g
Posts Related to Twisted Cinnamon-Pecan Breakfast Yeast Bread:
- My Favorite Cinnamon Rolls
- How To Knead Bread Dough in a Bread Machine But Bake It in a Conventional Oven | Oatmeal-Sunflower Bread
- Whole Wheat Apple Pie Yeast Bread