Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Chips are thinly sliced sweet potatoes coated with olive oil, then baked in the oven. Resistance is futile!
My daughter-in-law has given us the nickname, “the condiment family.” Now that I think about it, she may be right.
We love to dip. Not the nasty kind of dip that rots out your lower lip. We’re talking about various condiments like mustard, ketchup, ranch dressing, sweet and sour sauce, salsa, etc.
What is a good dip for Sweet Potato Fries?
We love MayoChup. We also love it with French fries (and just about everything else, too). It’s sold in the same aisle as mayonnaise, steak sauce, etc.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries vs. Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Frozen sweet potato fries from the store are excellent and straightforward to prepare. But if you would rather have half the calories for just a little more effort, these chips are delicious.
They do require attention in the oven, however, as some will cook more quickly than others due to slight irregularities in thickness. Perfection is overrated!
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Slices
If you don’t get the potatoes sliced thin enough, they won’t get crispy. Of course, you can try with a sharp knife. A food processor with a thin slicing attachment would also work.
What Do You Serve with Crispy Sweet Potato Chips?
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Pin the picture below to save for later.
Did you try this recipe and enjoy it? Consider helping other readers (and me) by returning to this post. Leave a rating on the recipe card itself underneath the picture. Although always appreciated, comments aren’t required.
If you have a question or tip to share, please leave it in the regular comments after the recipe so I can answer back. Or, email me privately: paula at saladinajar.com.
Thank you for visiting!
- 1 medium sweet potato (5 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use a silicone baking sheet (my choice) or parchment paper. Slice the sweet potatoes into very thin slices.
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with oil and salt to coat lightly. Lay the slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over each chip and bake for 5 minutes more or until chips are crisp. Watch carefully at the end so they don't burn.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g