Sneak Peek: Crispy Baked Homemade Sweet Potato Chips are thin slices of sweet potatoes coated with olive oil, then baked in the oven. Resistance is futile!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My daughter-in-law gave my family the nickname, “the condiment family.” Now that I think about it, she might be right.
Do you have a refrigerator door full of condiments? If so, let’s talk.
We love to dip. Not the nasty kind of dip that rots out your lower lip. We’re talking about various condiments like mustard, ketchup, ranch dressing, sweet and sour sauce, salsa, etc.
What is a good dip for Sweet Potato Fries?
We love MayoChup. We also love it with French fries (and just about everything else, too). It’s sold in the same aisle as mayonnaise, steak sauce, etc.
Frozen sweet potato fries vs. crispy baked sweet potato chips:
Frozen sweet potato fries from the store are excellent and straightforward to prepare. But if you would rather have half the calories for just a little more effort, these chips are delicious.
They do require attention in the oven, however, as some will cook more quickly than others due to slight irregularities in thickness. Perfection is overrated!
How to prepare homemade sweet potato slices:
If you don’t get the potatoes sliced thin enough, they won’t get crispy. Of course, you can try with a sharp knife. A food processor with a thin slicing attachment would also work.
What Do You Serve with Crispy Sweet Potato Chips?
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Pin this post!
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, leave a rating 🤩 inside the recipe below. No comment required. If you have any questions or suggestions, email me privately: Paula at saladinajar.com. Hope to see you again soon! Paula
Crispy Baked Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 medium sweet potato - 5 inches long
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use a silicone baking sheet (my choice) or parchment paper. Slice the sweet potatoes into very thin slices.
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with oil and salt to coat lightly. Lay the slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over each chip and bake for 5 minutes more or until chips are crisp. Watch carefully at the end so they don’t burn.