Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips are thinly sliced, given a light coating of olive oil, and then baked in the oven. You will be justly rewarded for your trouble.
My daughter-in-law has given us the nickname, “the condiment family.” And now that I think about it, she may be right. We love to dip. Not the nasty kind of dip that rots out your lower lip. We’re talking about various condiments like mustard, ketchup, ranch dressing, sweet and sour sauce, salsa, etc.
Looking for a dip for Sweet Potato Fries:
But we’re stumped. Can you help? My friend, Joan, recently put us on to frozen sweet potato fries sold at Costco. They are scrumptious. However, we can’t figure out what condiment goes with them. We’ve tried several things, but so far, we don’t have a winner. Please leave your suggestion in the comments.
UPDATE: Since I originally published this post, I have discovered a tasty dip. Click here to read about it.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries vs. Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips:
Now about those frozen sweet potato fries, they are excellent and straightforward to prepare. But if you would rather have half the calories for just a little more effort, these chips are delicious.
They do require attention in the oven, however, as some will cook more quickly than others due to slight irregularities in thickness. Perfection is overrated!
Preparing the Sweet Potatoes
If you don’t get the potatoes sliced thin enough, they won’t get crispy. Of course, you can try with a sharp knife. A food processor with a thin slicing attachment would also work.
- 1 medium sweet potato (5 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use a silicone baking sheet (my choice) or parchment paper. Slice the sweet potatoes into very thin slices.
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with oil and salt to coat lightly. Lay the slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over each chip and bake for 5 minutes more or until chips are crisp. Watch carefully at the end so they don't burn.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But don't worry. This doesn't change the price you pay.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 124 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g
Check out more ideas for sweet potatoes: