Preview: Try this Blackberry Cobbler for Two with an easy shortbread crust. Mix it up while preparing dinner. It’ll be ready to eat by the time dinner is over.
What if you could throw together a dessert for two and bake it in the time it takes to eat dinner? This Blackberry Cobbler for Two is the answer. Delicious with frozen or fresh berries, this cobbler recipe cook in less than 20 minutes.
3 reasons I love this recipe:
- Whips up in a hurry.
- Doesn’t make a lot so leftovers aren’t tempting.
So, I created this recipe using only one 6-ounce container of berries from the grocery store or about 1-1/4 cup if you are picking them yourself.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- BLACKBERRIES: Use fresh or frozen. Add extra baking time if using frozen berries. Try other berries like blueberries or frozen mixed berries.
- VANILLA EXTRACT: Try almond extract for a change of pace.
- FLOUR: Bleached of unbleached all-purpose flour. No flour in the house? Try oatmeal. Or add 1-2 tablespoons of oatmeal to the flour for a different texture.
- BROWN SUGAR: Either granulated sugar or dark brown sugar can be substituted.
- CINNAMON: If you don’t have cinnamon, allspice, or apple pie spice
- BUTTER: Margarine or oil can take the place of butter.
The shortbread topping:
I slightly adapted the shortbread base from some of my favorite cookies (Lemon Yogurt Squares and Toffee Bars) to use as a topping. The result is a fruity, cobbler-like concoction with a crumbly and crispy shortbread cookie-like topping. It goes oh-so-perfectly with ice cream or Greek yogurt.
When I add blackberry cobbler to my daily yogurt snack, I can get stretch the yield to about 6 servings.
Looking forward to this dessert at the end of the day always makes my day better and I hope it will do the same for you.
More posts for quick desserts:
If you enjoyed this recipe, it would help others and me if you gave it a five-star rating inside the recipe card below. 🤩 No comment required. Thank you.
Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. Questions or suggestions? Please email me: Paula at saladinajar.com.